Fun 4th of July Celebrations in Washington D.C.
The Fourth of July will be here before we know it, and there’s really no better place to celebrate our nation’s independence than in Washington D.C. If you’re looking for things to do, you’ll find no shortage. We’ve pulled together a few of our favorite events below. Plan ahead to grab great seats and perfect firework views!
- Hoping to leisurely lounge? Spend 4th of July on the National Mall. This iconic and expansive lawn is truly the perfect place for lounging with friends and family and catching a great view of the fireworks. There’s a whole website dedicated to this event, since Independence Day is the biggest holiday for our area. Check it out to make plans now by visiting the national park service website.
- Love the nation’s birthday and the nation’s favorite past time? Catch a ball game on the 4th this year at Nationals Park at 11:05am. The Washington Nationals will be going up against the Miami Marlins. Grab your tickets online now. Or be on the look out for our upcoming giveaway for a chance to win four tickets at the 3rd Base Line!
- Looking for something unique? Consider a dinner cruise—there’s multiple options to choose from. With elegant dinners and picturesque views, this is a great way to create lasting memories. The Wharf Marina and the Odyssey Washington are among several cruising options that offer 4th of July itineraries.
- Ready to jam out? Visit the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum for an Independence Day Concert that will have you cheering for more! It’s absolutely free, and a guaranteed good time!
- Enjoy staying home? We get it. Life is busy and sometimes the most enjoyable moments happen in between the hustle and bustle right from the comfort of your own home. If you’re looking for some 4th of July celebration ideas that are DIY, here are some fun options from Woman’s Day. Don’t feel like spending the day in the kitchen? Check out our BBQ packages! These can be delivered right to your door on the 3rd ready to be heated and served on Independence Day.
Independence Day is the perfect holiday to get patriotic. It means so much. So dress up, call friends and family, come together, and put a plan into action. We’re grateful for our freedom, and always ready to celebrate it. Hopefully these ideas will get you thinking ahead, so you can plan a 4th of July that is your best yet!