Photo Courtesy of Finn Lively Photography
2019’s latest and greatest wedding trends
Wedding trends can change dramatically year after year, and it can be hard to keep up. Often, it’s the wedding pros and wedding planners who can give insight into what’s to come, and predictions for the year’s biggest hits. We’ve pulled together the inside scoop on 2019’s best wedding trends, so you can decide: ‘yay’ or ‘nay’ for your big day.
- Moody Colors – often, weddings have been full of pastels and soft hues, but things are about to get a bit more edgy. The blushes and ivories won’t disappear altogether—but may be set off against deep backgrounds of grays, blacks and even dark metallics. This will create a beautiful contrast set to candle lights, that will provide a truly glamourous look.
- Corals – yes, moody colors may be ever-so-in, but so is pantone’s color of the year: coral. (And any color pantone names “the color of the year,” each and every year.) According to Brides Magazine online, coral will be everywhere this year, from centerpieces and bridesmaid dresses to bowties and makeup palettes.
- Classic Cakes – although many deserts have joined wedding cake centerpieces over the years, (enter cupcakes, donuts and fruit tarts,) the ever-so-traditional statement cake is trending this year. This cake represents a true wedding reception centerpiece, that can creatively be all about you. Put a little imagination into its design and splurge on this ever-so-scrumptious classic.
- Renewed Emphasis on Simplicity – there’s no doubt about it, Meghan Markle took the cake for ‘wedding of the year’ in 2018 when she wed Prince Harry in truly royal fashion. And her dress made quite a statement. She ushered in a new era of classic style in wedding gowns, a trend that is sure to be followed for several seasons. Get ready to see clean lines, sleek material, a lack of folds and embellishments, and a true tribute to classic, timeless beauty.
- Going Green – speaking of Meghan Markle’s wedding, Brides Magazine notes that eco-friendly and “ethical” weddings are becoming more and more “in” for 2019. As a proud, fully-green caterer, we’ve focused on this ideal for a long time, and we’re thrilled to see it becoming a movement! Make your feel-good day feel extra good by adding some eco-friendly magic to the mix. We have plenty of ideas to get you started.
- Personalized Scents – just one more way to make your wedding day truly your own: craft your own unique wedding-day scent. Many companies offer this possibility, in the form of everything from air fresheners to oils, perfumes, and candles. Blend some sweet-memory-inspired scents to create the big-day smell of your dreams…one that will bring back all of the blissful memories year after year.
- Vivid Velvets – according to a recent article by Martha Stewart weddings, velvet will be a big 2019 trend, and it is fitting for every season according to event planner Lynn Easton. She recommends partnering with specialty linen companies to help beautifully incorporate this luxe fabric into your day-of décor.
- Artistic Invites – illustrated wedding invites are on the rise, being named by several major bridal publications as a hot 2019 trend. Whether it’s a small sketch of the building where you had your first date, or a symbolic, whimsical design that weaves in your married initials, this is just another way to make every little detail of your wedding day about you and your fiancé.
Whether you follow these trends or create your own (who knows—you may start a movement for 2020,) your wedding day should be one that aligns with your personal vision and your dreams. We work with couples throughout the year and we can’t stress this point enough: it’s your day—so make it all about you and your love. Celebrate the things that make you unique and special as a couple, and craft a day equally as unique and special. Happy planning!
As always, we’d love to help you plan, and we pride ourselves on working with couples through each and every step of the process. We pull in the best vendors, and help plan all big-day aspects. Reach out at any time to start chatting!